This is our archived lecture series library. We have national and international visiting scholars which present at the traumatology institute. These are international and national lectures and workshops archived for learning aids.
All the above publications are available for download at ResearchGate.Net.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT YOUR WORK PLEASE CONTACT:
PROF. CHARLES R. FIGLEY, PH.D., ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR RESEARCH. PHONE: 504-862-3473 EMAIL: FIGLEY@TULANE.EDU OR CHARLESFIGLEY.COM
Lecture series library these consist of guest lectures nationally and internationally.
ABOUT LECTURE SERIES
I continue to make available the presentations I deliver each year. I add some additional background information. I then give this information out to the audience for their review during and following the presentation so that they can follow along or return to it as they need.
2014 -WORKSHOPS AND LECTURES
Please click on the link below to download the lecture documents.
- Figley, C. R. (2014). Systemic Trauma: Historical overview and future directions in the study and treatment of traumatized families. Invited address at the RESEARCH WORKSHOP OF THE ISRAEL SCIENCE FOUNDATION on Traumatized Children and Families, Tel Aviv, Israel, January 13. Photos.
- Figley, C. R. (2014). The Resilient Caregiver: Practical Steps in Working with the Traumatized. Invited address at the RESEARCH WORKSHOP OF THE ISRAEL SCIENCE FOUNDATION on Traumatized Children and Families, Tel Aviv, Israel, January 14.
- Figley, C. R. (2014). Advancing Healing After Community Violence: Victims, Families and Health Professions.Bowles Chapel Lecture for 2014 - Session I: Recognizing the Effects of Community Violence on Victims and Families; Session II: Promoting Resilience in Traumatized Victims and Their Families; Session III: Promoting Resilience in the Compassionate Practitioner, Memorial Herman Health Systems, Houston, February 6.
- Figley, C. R (2014). DisasterRelief For Mental Health Care: Developing Disaster. Keynote address, 22nd Annual Seminar on Social Welfare in Asia and the Pacific Rim 2014, Japan College of Social Work, Tokyo, Japan, February 16.
- Figley, C. R (2014). Building Trauma Resilience in Social Workers to Prevent High Compassion Fatigue. Invited lecture, Japan College of Social Work, Tokyo, Japan, February 18.
- Figley, C. R. (2014). Skills Development in Self Care. Invited Workshop, Japan College of Social Work, Tokyo, Japan, February 18.
- Mock, N. & Figley, C. R. (2014). DisasterResilience Leadership: Theory, Research and Development. Invited address at the Annual Conference of the Society for Psychologists in Management, New Orleans, 21February (See SPIM PRESENTATION below or link here.
- Figley, C. R. (2014) Gifts from Israel and Japan: Lessons we can use here. 3rd Annual Lecture, School of Social Work World Programs, New Orleans Building #9, Uptown campus, March 11 [ see below: TulaneWorldProgram...part 1 & 2
- Figley, C. R. (2014). Trauma-informed Patient and Practitioner Care. Invited lecture, Ochsner Medical Center Graduate Medical Education Program, March 24.
- Figley, C. R. & Figley, K. R. (2014). First Do No Self-Harm: Self-care Strategies for Psychologists Working with Trauma Survivors. Invited CEU Workshop, Washington, DC, August 7.
Tools! Self Care Assessment and Planning (see SELFCAREPLAN V2-FIGLEY.PDF below)