Working to provide educational resources and continuing education in trauma informed care for mental health providers.
Mentorship Network Program
To support displaced survivors across the nation we are developing a network for mental health providers to gain mentorship in trauma-informed care. If you are looking for mentorship or would like to offer experience in trauma-informed care please contact us directly.
Recommended Readings in PTSD and Traumatology
1. American Psychology Association: Disaster Resource Guide and Practice Programs: Download: http://www.apa.org/practice/programs/drn/
2. Bonanno, George & Galea, Sandro & Bucciarelli, Angela & Vlahov, David. (2007). What Predicts Psychological Resilience After Disaster? The Role of Demographics, Resources, and Life Stress. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology. 75. 671-82. 10.1037/0022-006X.75.5.671. Download: https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/56241/bonanno_what%20predicts%20psychological%20resilience%20after%20disaster_2007.pdf?sequence%3D1
3. Norris, Fran & Friedman, Matthew & Watson, Patricia. (2002). 60,000 Disaster Victims Speak: Part II. Summary and Implications of the Disaster Mental Health Research. Psychiatry. 65. 240-60. 10.1521/psyc.188.8.131.5269. Download: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Patricia_Watson5/publication/11059182_60000_Disaster_Victims_Speak_Part_II_Summary_and_Implications_of_the_Disaster_Mental_Health_Research/links/0912f5092a92e67561000000/60-000-Disaster-Victims-Speak-Part-II-Summary-and-Implications-of-the-Disaster-Mental-Health-Research.pdf
4. North, Carol. (2004). Approaching disaster mental health research after the 9/11 World Trade Center terrorist attacks. The Psychiatric clinics of North America. 27. 589-602. 10.1016/j.psc.2004.03.001. Download: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0193953X04000322
5. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration: Guide to Disaster Behavioral Health Interventions: Download: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/dtac/supplemental-research-bulletin-may-2015-disaster-behavioral-health-interventions.pdf.